1. Rafei H. The latest statistics of Iranian drug abusers published (2007). [Online]. [cited 2008 Jan 21]; Available from: URL: https://www.farsnews.com/news/8611010314/
2. Mokri A. Brief overview of the status of drug abuse in Iran. Arch Iran Med 2002; 5 (3): 184-90.
3. Ma H, Shi XC, Hu DY, Li X. The poor oral health status of former heroin users treated with methadone in a Chinese city. Med Sci Monit 2012; 18(4): H51-H55.
4. Graham CH, Meechan JG. Dental management of patients taking methadone. Dent Update 2005; 32(8): 477-2, 485.
5. Shekarchizadeh H, Khami MR, Mohebbi SZ, Virtanen JI. Oral health behavior of drug addicts in withdrawal treatment. BMC Oral Health 2013; 13: 11.
6. Singh R, Chandra S, Sahu SK, Pandey V, Kaur G. Evaluation of oral health status among drug addicts in rehabilitation centre. International Archives of Integrated Medicine 2016; 3(3): 65-69.
7. Akbari M, Afshari R, Sharif M, Hashemy SI, Majidinia S. Evaluation of the effect of diacetyl morphine on salivary factors and their changes after methadone therapy. J Contemp Dent Pract 2014; 15(6): 730-4.
8. Bhaskar N, Vijayakumar N, Virjee K, Gopikrishna V. Oral health status and treatment needs of substance abusers attending de-addiction centers in Bangalore city. J Indian Assoc Public Health Dent 2014; 12(1): 13-7.
9. Gijwani D, Singh S, Mathur A, Aggarwal VP, Sharma A, Goyal N, et al. Effect of opioids on oral health status among institutionalised drug addicts in a district of Rajasthan, India. J Clin Diagn Res 2018; 12(4): 1-4.
10. Heymann HO, Swift EJ, Ritter AV. 6th ed. Sturdevant's art and science of operative dentistry. St Louis, MO: Elsevier Health Sciences; 2013. p. 65-72.
11. O'Sullivan EM. Prevalence of oral mucosal abnormalities in addiction treatment centre residents in Southern Ireland. Oral Oncol 2011; 47(5): 395-9.
12. McGrath C, Chan B. Oral health sensations associated with illicit drug abuse. Br Dent J 2005; 198(3): 159-62.
13. Rees TD. Oral effects of drug abuse. Crit Rev Oral Biol Med 1992; 3(3): 163-84.
14. Saied-Moallemi Z, Taheri A, Hatami H. Investigating the relation of drug abusing and oral health in addicts. J Isfahan Med Sch 2015; 33(333): 643-52. [In Persian].
15. Morio KA, Marshall TA, Qian F, Morgan TA. Comparing diet, oral hygiene and caries status of adult methamphetamine users and nonusers: a pilot study. J Am Dent Assoc 2008; 139(2): 171-6.
16. Ribeiro EP, Oliveira JA, Zambolin AP, Lauris JR, Tomita NE. Integrated approach to the oral health of drug-addicted undergoing rehabilitation. Pesqui Odontol Bras 2002; 16(3): 239-45.
17. Kalbassi S, Aligoudarzi SL, Asgary V. Dental and oral health status of an Iranian population of drug abusers: A comparative study. Trop J Pharm Res 2018; 17(3):559-64.
18. Akbari M, Faghani M, Kazemian A, Afshari R, Taghian A, Talebi A. Evaluation of oral health status and dental need assessment in narcotic drug abusers. J Mashad Dent Sch 2015; 39(3): 191-200. [In Persian].
19. Solomons YF, Moipolai PD. Substance abuse: Case management and dental treatment. SADJ 2014; 69: 298-315.
20. Neville BW, Damm DD, Allen C, Bouquot JE. Oral and maxillofacial pathology: Pageburst retail. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Science Health Science; 2015. p. 13-15.
21. Shirzaei M. Oral changes associated with tobacco and opioids consumption in patients referred to Zahedan Dental School. J Qazvin Univ Med Sci 2011; 15 (3): 61-8. [In Persian].
22. Madinier I, Harrosch J, Dugourd M, Giraud-Morin C, Fosse T. The buccal-dental health of drug addicts treated in the University hospital centre in Nice. Presse Med 2003; 32(20): 919-23. [In French].