Journal of Oral Health and Oral Epidemiology (JOHOE) is Quarterly open access and peer-reviewed journal, which serves as an international and interdisciplinary setting for the dissemination of Oral Health and Oral Epidemiology research. It brings together individual specialties from different fields, notably health. It brings together individual specialties from different fields, notably Oral health, Oral Epidemiology, and Dentistry into a dynamic academic mix.
All published articles will be assigned DOI provided by Cross Ref. Abstracts and full texts of all articles published by JOHOE are freely accessible after publication.
JOHOE is intended to enhance communication among Public Health Dentistry researchers, Dentists, and other types of allied health professionals in the research and Oral healthcare delivery systems. Geographical coverage including coverage of the poorest countries and low- and middle-income countries is a priority at the JOHOE.
All submissions to the JOHOE undergo a fair, supportive, and double-blind peer-review process. We follow the rules according to the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals, issued by the International Committee for Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
Aims and Scope
Journal of Oral Health & Oral Epidemiology is the official journal of the Oral and Dental Diseases Research Center of Kerman University of Medical Sciences. The journal publishes original research articles, review articles, and case reports dealing with oral health and epidemiology. Papers in any of the following fields will be considered for publication: oral health, oral and dental treatment research, oral and dental epidemiology, Epidemiology and biostatistics related to oral health or dentistry, the original articles which consider the relationship between dental problems and other chronic diseases, as well as any issues regarding improvement of oral and dental treatment.
The journal encourages manuscripts that present methodologically detailed scientific research findings from original data collection or analysis of existing databases. Preference is given to new findings. Confirmations of previous findings can be of value, but the journal seeks to avoid needless repetition. It also encourages thoughtful, provocative commentaries on subjects ranging from research methods to public policies. Purely descriptive reports are not encouraged, nor are behavioral science reports with only marginal application to dentistry.
Journal of Oral Health & Oral Epidemiology is the official journal of the Oral and Dental Diseases Research Center of Kerman University of Medical Sciences. The journal publishes original research articles, review articles, and case reports dealing with oral health and epidemiology. Papers in any of the following fields will be considered for publication: oral health, oral and dental treatment research, oral and dental epidemiology, as well as any issues regarding the improvement of oral and dental treatment.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal utilizes the CLOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
Publishing articles in the Journal of Oral Health & Oral Epidemiology is free of charge.
Submission in the Journal of Oral Health & Oral Epidemiology is free of charge.
1. Editors (Associate Editors or Editor in Chief) have complete responsibility and authority to reject/accept an article.
2. Editors are responsible for the contents and overall quality of the publication.
3. Editors should always consider the needs of the authors and the readers when attempting to improve the publication.
4. Editors should guarantee the quality of the papers and the integrity of the academic record.
5. Editors should publish errata pages or make corrections when needed.
6. Editors should have a clear picture of research's funding sources.
7. Editors should base their decisions solely one the papers' importance, originality, clarity and relevance to publication's scope.
8. Editors should not reverse their decisions nor overturn the ones of previous editors without serious reason.
9. Editors should preserve the anonymity of reviewers (in half blind peer review journals).
10. Editors should ensure that all research material they publish conforms to international accepted ethical guidelines.
11. Editors should only accept a paper when reasonably certain.
12. Editors should act if they suspect misconduct, whether a paper is published or unpublished, and make all reasonable attempts to persist in obtaining a resolution to the problem.
13. Editors should not reject papers based on suspicions; they should have proof of misconduct.
14. Editors should not allow any conflicts of interest between staff, authors, reviewers, and board members.
15. Editors must not change their decision after submitting a decision (especially after rejection or acceptance) unless they have a serious reason.
The scientific community scientists, researchers, students & Industry professionals are eligible for Individual Membership. We welcome you as a valuable member of our organization and Applications will be welcomed from interested individuals who are able to demonstrate a minimum of five years’ experience as a lecturer, researcher, peer reviewer, and author of at least 5 published peer-reviewed scholarly articles and sufficient Curriculum vitae. The editorial board members will be suggested and appointed by the director-in-charge, editor in chief, and associate editor, and after confirmation by him/herself. This will be acceptable for two years and a renewable mandate. We are pleased that you have accepted our invitation to join the JOHOE Membership.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Kerman University of Medical Sciences