1. Dutt P, Chaudhary S, Kumar P. Oral health and menopause: A comprehensive review on current knowledge and associated dental management. Ann Med Health Sci Res 2013; 3(3): 320-3.
2. Guncu G, Tozum TF. The effects of estrogen, progesteron and testosterone on periodontal tissues. The Journal Gazi University Faculty of Dentistry 2005; 22(2): 121-7. [In Turkish].
3. Steinberg BJ, Minsk L, Gluch JI, Giorgio SK. Women’s oral health issues. In: Clouse AL, Sherif K, editors. Women’s health in clinical practice: A handbook for primary care. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press; 2008. p. 273-93.
4. Canakci CF, Canakci V. Pain experienced by patients undergoing different periodontal therapies. J Am Dent Assoc 2007; 138(12): 1563-73.
5. Mishra PS, Marawar PP, Mishra SS. A cross-sectional, clinical study to evaluate mobility of teeth during pregnancy using periotest. Indian J Dent Res 2017; 28(1): 10-5.
6. Wu M, Chen SW, Su WL, Zhu HY, Ouyang SY, Cao YT, et al. Sex hormones enhance gingival inflammation without affecting IL-1beta and TNF-alpha in periodontally healthy women during pregnancy. Mediators Inflamm 2016; 2016: 4897890.
7. Xiong X, Buekens P, Fraser WD, Beck J, Offenbacher S. Periodontal disease and adverse pregnancy outcomes: A systematic review. BJOG 2006; 113(2): 135-43.
8. Manrique-Corredor EJ, Orozco-Beltran D, Lopez-Pineda A, Quesada JA, Gil-Guillen VF, Carratala-Munuera C. Maternal periodontitis and preterm birth: Systematic review and meta-analysis. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 2019. [Epub ahead of print].
9. Slots J. Periodontitis: facts, fallacies and the future. Periodontol 2000 2017; 75(1): 7-23.
10. Parihar AS, Katoch V, Rajguru SA, Rajpoot N, Singh P, Wakhle S. Periodontal disease: a possible risk-factor for adverse pregnancy outcome. J Int Oral Health 2015; 7(7): 137-42.
11. Lauren M, Minire A, Maldi X, Mirton M, Aferdita M. The impact of periodontitis in the preterm birth and body size of newborns. Mater Sociomed 2012; 24(1): 44-7.
12. Romero R, Gomez R, Chaiworapongsa T, Conoscenti G, Kim JC, Kim YM. The role of infection in preterm labour and delivery. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 2001; 15(Suppl 2): 41-56.
13. Bhalla A, Anuradha KP. Dental awareness and attitudes among gynaecologists/obstetricians in Kanpur City, Uttar Pradesh. Reviews of Progress 2013; 1(3): 1-8.
14. Ramya S, Ashwini R, Arathi R, Mamata T. Knowledge, attitude and practice amongst gynecologists and pediatricians about oral health in Mangalore City: A questionnaire survey. J Pierre Fauchard Acad 2012; 26(1): 39-40.
15. Yazdani R, Mohebbi SZ, Janeshin A, Tartar Z. Oral health knowledge, attitude, and status and oral health index among midwifery students of Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran. J Oral Health Oral Epidemiol 2013; 2(2): 1-8.
16. Zanata RL, Fernandes KB, Navarro PS. Prenatal dental care: evaluation of professional knowledge of obstetricians and dentists in the cities of Londrina/PR and Bauru/SP, Brazil, 2004. J Appl Oral Sci 2008; 16(3): 194-200.
17. Laslowski P, Politano GT, Raggio DP, da Silva SREP, Imparato JCP. Physician's knowledge about dental treatment during pregnancy. Rev Gaucha Odontol 2012; 60(3): 297-303. [In Portuguese].
18. Shenoy RP, Nayak DG, Sequeira PS. Periodontal disease as a risk factor in pre-term low birth weight--an assessment of gynecologists' knowledge: a pilot study. Indian J Dent Res 2009; 20(1): 13-6.
19. Shah HG, Ajithkrishnan C, Sodani V, Chaudhary NJ. Knowledge, attitude and practices among gynecologists regarding oral health of expectant mothers of Vadodara City, Gujarat. Int J Health Sci (Qassim) 2013; 7(2): 136-40.
20. Golkari A, Khosropanah H, Saadati F. Evaluation of knowledge and practice behaviours of a group of Iranian obstetricians, general practitioners, and midwives, regarding periodontal disease and its effect on the pregnancy outcome. J Public Health Res 2013; 2(2): e15.
21. Wilder R, Robinson C, Jared HL, Lieff S, Boggess K. Obstetricians' knowledge and practice behaviors concerning periodontal health and preterm delivery and low birth weight. J Dent Hyg 2007; 81(4): 81.
22. Cohen L, Schaeffer M, Davideau JL, Tenenbaum H, Huck O. Obstetric knowledge, attitude, and behavior concerning periodontal diseases and treatment needs in pregnancy: influencing factors in France. J Periodontol 2015; 86(3): 398-405.
23. Rahman G, Asa'ad F, Baseer MA. Periodontal health awareness among gynecologists in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. J Int Soc Prev Community Dent 2015; 5(3): 211-7.
24. Suri V, Rao NC, Aggarwal N. A study of obstetricians' knowledge, attitudes and practices in oral health and pregnancy. Educ Health (Abingdon) 2014; 27(1): 51-4.
25. Hashim R, Akbar M. Gynecologists' knowledge and attitudes regarding oral health and periodontal disease leading to adverse pregnancy outcomes. J Int Soc Prev Community Dent 2014; 4(Suppl 3): S166-S172.
26. Patil S, Thakur R, K M, Paul ST, Gadicherla P. Oral Health coalition: Knowledge, attitude, practice behaviours among gynaecologists and dental practitioners. J Int Oral Health 2013; 5(1): 8-15.
27. Wagner Y, Heinrich-Weltzien R. Midwives’ oral health recommendations for pregnant women, infants and young children: Results of a nationwide survey in Germany. BMC Oral Health 2016; 16(1): 36.