1. Shetty V, Kumar J, Hegde A. Breaking the sound barrier: Oral health education for children with hearing impairment. Spec Care Dentist 2014; 34(3): 131-7.
2. Stein C, Santos NML, Hilgert JB, Hugo FN. Effectiveness of oral health education on oral hygiene and dental caries in schoolchildren: Systematic review and meta-analysis. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 2018; 46(1): 30-7.
3. Nakre PD, Harikiran AG. Effectiveness of oral health education programs: A systematic review. J Int Soc Prev Community Dent 2013; 3(2): 103-15.
4. Petersen PE, Kwan S. Equity, social determinants and public health programmes--the case of oral health. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 2011; 39(6): 481-7.
5. Iezzoni LI. Eliminating health and health care disparities among the growing population of people with disabilities. Health Aff (Millwood) 2011; 30(10): 1947-54.
6. World Health Organization. Deafness and hearing loss [Online]. [cited 2019 Mar 20]; Available from: URL: https://www.who.int/en/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/deafness-and-hearing-loss
7. Batten G, Oakes PM, Alexander T. Factors associated with social interactions between deaf children and their hearing peers: a systematic literature review. J Deaf Stud Deaf Educ 2014; 19(3): 285-302.
8. Sandeep V, Vinay C, Madhuri V, Rao VV, Uloopi KS, Sekhar RC. Impact of visual instruction on oral hygiene status of children with hearing impairment. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 2014; 32(1): 39-43.
9. Ajami BA, Shabzendedar M, Rezay YA, Asgary M. Dental treatment needs of children with disabilities. J Dent Res Dent Clin Dent Prospects 2007; 1(2): 93-8.
10. Al-Dafaai RR. Oral health status among children with impaired hearing in Sumawa city, Iraq. J Bagh College Dentistry 2010; 22(3): 115-8.
11. Gace E, Kelmendi M, Fusha E. Oral health status of children with disability living in Albania. Mater Sociomed 2014; 26(6): 392-4.
12. Sanjay V, Shetty SM, Shetty RG, Managoli NA, Gugawad SC, Hitesh D. Dental health status among sensory impaired and blind institutionalized children aged 6 to 20 years. J Int Oral Health 2014; 6(1): 55-8.
13. Doichinova L, Peneva M. Prevalence of dental caries in hearing impaired children than 5 to 12 years old in Sofia. International Journal of Science and Research 2015; 4(1): 1088-91.
14. Shyama M, Al-Mutawa SA, Morris RE, Sugathan T, Honkala E. Dental caries experience of disabled children and young adults in Kuwait. Community Dent Health 2001; 18(3): 181-6.
15. Marschark M, Sapere P, Convertino C, Pelz J. Learning via direct and mediated instruction by deaf students. J Deaf Stud Deaf Educ 2008; 13(4): 546-61.
16. Pouradeli S, Hashemipour MA, Zolala F, Baneshi MR, Ahmadi-Tabatabaei SV, Habib-Agahi R. Short-term effect of two education methods on oral health among hearing impairment children. J Oral Health Oral Epidemiol 2016; 5(4): 221-7.
17. Alse AS, Anandkrishna L, Chandra P, Ramya MK, Kamath PS, Shetty AK. Educational intervention on the plaque score among hearing impaired children. Journal of Advanced Clinical and Research Insights 2015; 2: 26-30.
18. Arunakul M, Kuphasuk Y, Boonyathanasit R. Effectiveness of oral hygiene instruction media on periodontal health among hearing impaired children. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 2012; 43(5): 1297-303.
19. Chamani G, Rad M, Zarei MR, Lotfi S, Sadeghi M, Ahmadi Z. Efficacy of tacrolimus and clobetasol in the treatment of oral lichen planus: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Int J Dermatol 2015; 54(9): 996-1004.
20. Pareek S, Nagaraj A, Yousuf A, Ganta S, Atri M, Singh K. Effectiveness of supervised oral health maintenance in hearing impaired and mute children- A parallel randomized controlled trial. J Int Soc Prev Community Dent 2015; 5(3): 176-82.
21. Doichinova L, Peneva M. Motivational training programme for oral hygiene of deaf children. International Journal of Science and Research 2015; 4(2): 1124-6.
22. Carissa C, Runkat J, Herdiyati Y. Plaque index between blind and deaf children after dental health education. Dent J (Maj Ked Gigi) 2011; 44(1): 39-42.
23. Lamba R, Rajvanshi H, Sheikh Z, Khurana M, Saha R. oral hygiene needs of special children and the effects of supervised tooth brushing. Int J Sci Stud 2015; 3(5): 30-5.