- Acharya S, Pentapati KC, Acharya S. Socioeconomic mobility and tobacco consumption patterns in fish industry workers in Udupi District of coastal Karnataka. Indian J Dent Res 2014; 25(5): 653-6.
- Anbarasi K, Sabitha KE, Devi CS. Lactate dehydrogenase isoenzyme patterns upon chronic exposure to cigarette smoke: Protective effect of bacoside A. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 2005; 20(2): 345-50.
- Castelino R, Gogineni S, Kumari S, Madi M, Bhat S, Ullal H. Salivary cotinine levels as a biomarker of tobacco use - A biochemical study. J Krishna Inst Medical Sci Univ 2017; 6(4): 96-104.
- Demirtas M, Senel U, Yuksel S, Yuksel M. A comparison of the generation of free radicals in saliva of active and passive smokers. Turk J Med Sci 2014; 44(2): 208-11.
- Lin HH, Ezzati M, Murray M. Tobacco smoke, indoor air pollution and tuberculosis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS Med 2007; 4(1): e20.
- Lesmes GR, Donofrio KH. Passive smoking: The medical and economic issues. Am J Med 1992; 93(1A): 38S-42S.
- Shermatov K, Zeyrek D, Yildirim F, Kilic M, Cebi N, Kocyigit A. DNA damage in children exposed to secondhand cigarette smoke and its association with oxidative stress. Indian Pediatr 2012; 49(12): 958-62.
- Nagler R, Lischinsky S, Diamond E, Drigues N, Klein I, Reznick AZ. Effect of cigarette smoke on salivary proteins and enzyme activities. Arch Biochem Biophys 2000; 379(2): 229-36.
- Florescu A, Ferrence R, Einarson TR, Selby P, Kramer M, Woodruff S, et al. Reference values for hair cotinine as a biomarker of active and passive smoking in women of reproductive age, pregnant women, children, and neonates: systematic review and meta-analysis. Ther Drug Monit 2007; 29(4): 437-46.
10. Mulcahy M, Evans DS, Hammond SK, Repace JL, Byrne M. Secondhand smoke exposure and risk following the Irish smoking ban: An assessment of salivary cotinine concentrations in hotel workers and air nicotine levels in bars. Tob Control 2005; 14(6): 384-8.
11. Raja M, Garg A, Yadav P, Jha K, Handa S. Diagnostic methods for detection of cotinine level in tobacco users: A review. J Clin Diagn Res 2016; 10(3): ZE04-ZE06.
12. Lymperaki E, Makedou K, Iliadis S, Vagdatli E. Effects of acute cigarette smoking on total blood count and markers of oxidative stress in active and passive smokers. Hippokratia 2015; 19(4): 293-7.
13. de Zwart LL, Meerman JH, Commandeur JN, Vermeulen NP. Biomarkers of free radical damage applications in experimental animals and in humans. Free Radic Biol Med 1999; 26(1-2): 202-26.
14. Kurku H, Kacmaz M, Kisa U, Dogan O, Caglayan O. Acute and chronic impact of smoking on salivary and serum total antioxidant capacity. J Pak Med Assoc 2015; 65(2): 164-9.
15. Liu X, Lu J, Liu S. Synergistic induction of hydroxyl radical-induced DNA single-strand breaks by chromium (VI) compound and cigarette smoke solution. Mutat Res 1999; 440(1): 109-17.
16. Akalin FA, Baltacioglu E, Alver A, Karabulut E. Lipid peroxidation levels and total oxidant status in serum, saliva and gingival crevicular fluid in patients with chronic periodontitis. J Clin Periodontol 2007; 34(7): 558-65.
17. Knight JA, Pieper RK, McClellan L. Specificity of the thiobarbituric acid reaction: Its use in studies of lipid peroxidation. Clin Chem 1988; 34(12): 2433-8.
18. Vlkova B, Stanko P, Minarik G, Tothova L, Szemes T, Banasova L, et al. Salivary markers of oxidative stress in patients with oral premalignant lesions. Arch Oral Biol 2012; 57(12): 1651-6.
19. Lykkesfeldt J. Malondialdehyde as biomarker of oxidative damage to lipids caused by smoking. Clin Chim Acta 2007; 380(1-2): 50-8.
20. De La Pena VA, Diz Dios P, Tojo Sierra R. Relationship between lactate dehydrogenase activity in saliva and oral health status. Arch Oral Biol 2007; 52(10): 911-5.
21. Okada A, Nomura Y, Matsumoto K, Yamane K, Yoshida T, Hatano M, et al. Predication of the prognosis after initial periodontal treatment by salivary biomarkers. Asian Pac J Dent 2015; 15(2): 25-31.
22. Kim AS, Ko HJ, Kwon JH, Lee JM. Exposure to secondhand smoke and risk of cancer in never smokers: A meta-analysis of epidemiologic studies. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2018; 15(9).
23. Polanska K, Krol A, Kaluzny P, Ligocka D, Mikolajewska K, Shaheen S, et al. Estimation of saliva cotinine cut-off points for active and passive smoking during Pregnancy-Polish Mother and Child Cohort (REPRO_PL). Int J Environ Res Public Health 2016; 13(12).
24. Kasapoglu M, Ozben T. Alterations of antioxidant enzymes and oxidative stress markers in aging. Exp Gerontol 2001; 36(2): 209-20.
25. Shetty SR, Chadha R, Babu S, Kumari S, Bhat S, Achalli S. Salivary lactate dehydrogenase levels in oral leukoplakia and oral squamous cell carcinoma: A biochemical and clinicopathological study. J Cancer Res Ther 2012; 8 Suppl 1: S123-S125.
26. Singh K, Kaur S. Impact on malondialdehyde and superoxide dismutase in smokers of north Indian Punjabi population. Int J Health Sci Res 2015; 5(5): 184-9.
27. Rao K, Babu SG, Shetty UA, Castelino RL, Shetty SR. Serum and salivary lactate dehydrogenase levels as biomarkers of tissue damage among cigarette smokers. A biochemical study. Stomatologija 2017; 19(3): 91-6.
28. Greabu M, Battino M, Totan A, Mohora M, Mitrea N, Totan C, et al. Effect of gas phase and particulate phase of cigarette smoke on salivary antioxidants. What can be the role of vitamin C and pyridoxine? Pharmacol Rep 2007; 59(5): 613-8.
29. Kurtul N, Gokpinar E. Salivary lipid peroxidation and total sialic acid levels in smokers and smokeless tobacco users as Maras powder. Mediators Inflamm 2012; 2012: 619293.