Dickson-Swift V, Kenny A, Farmer J, Gussy M, Larkins S. Measuring oral health literacy: a scoping review of existing tools. BMC Oral Health 2014; 14: 148.
Cartes-Velasquez RA, Luengo ML. Adaptation and validation of the oral health literacy instrument for the Chilean population. Int Dent J 2017; 67(4): 215-20.
Lee J, Stucky B, Rozier G, Lee SY, Zeldin LP. Oral Health Literacy Assessment: development of an oral health literacy instrument for Spanish speakers. J Public Health Dent 2013; 73(1): 1-8.
Bridges SM, Parthasarathy DS, Au TK, Wong HM, Yiu CK, McGrath CP. Development of functional oral health literacy assessment instruments: Application of literacy and cognitive theories. J Public Health Dent 2014; 74(2): 110-9.
Navabi N, Nakhaee N, Mirzadeh A. Validation of a Persian version of the Oral Health Impact Profile (OHIP-14). Iran J Public Health 2010; 39(4): 135-9.
Naghibi Sistani MM, Montazeri A, Yazdani R, Murtomaa H. New oral health literacy instrument for public health: development and pilot testing. J Investig Clin Dent 2014; 5(4): 313-21.
Vyas S, Nagarajappa S, Dasar PL, Mishra P. Linguistic adaptation and psychometric evaluation of original Oral Health Literacy-Adult Questionnaire (OHL-AQ). J Adv Med Educ Prof 2016; 4(4): 163-9.
Devi MA, Soni S, Radha G, Kadanakuppe S, Nagashree SR, Pallavi SK. Reliability and validity of a questionnaire to assess oral health literacy among college students in Bangalore City. J Contemp Dent 2011; 2(2): 43-7.
Divaris K, Lee JY, Baker AD, Vann WF. The relationship of oral health literacy with oral health-related quality of life in a multi-racial sample of low-income female caregivers. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2011; 9: 108.
10. Divaris K, Lee JY, Baker AD, Vann WF. Caregivers' oral health literacy and their young children's oral health-related quality-of-life. Acta Odontol Scand 2012; 70(5): 390-7.
Bress LE. Improving oral health literacy - the new standard in dental hygiene practice. J Dent Hyg 2013; 87(6): 322-9.
12. Naghibi Sistani MM, Yazdani R, Virtanen J, Pakdaman A, Murtomaa H. Determinants of oral health: Does oral health literacy matter? ISRN Dent 2013; 2013: 249591.
13. Pippi R, Bagnato F, Ottolenghi L. Oral health literacy: How much Italian people know about the dental hygienist. J Clin Exp Dent 2017; 9(1): e13-e20.
14. Ramandeep G, Arshdeep S, Vinod K, Parampreet P. Oral health literacy among clients visiting a rural dental college in North India-a cross-sectional study. Ethiop J Health Sci 2014; 24(3): 261-8.
15. Sistani MM, Yazdani R, Virtanen J, Pakdaman A, Murtomaa H. Oral health literacy and information sources among adults in Tehran, Iran. Community Dent Health 2013; 30(3): 178-82.
16. Batista MJ, Lawrence HP, Sousa MDLR. Oral health literacy and oral health outcomes in an adult population in Brazil. BMC Public Health 2017; 18(1): 60.
17. Calvasina P, Lawrence HP, Hoffman-Goetz L, Norman CD. Brazilian immigrants' oral health literacy and participation in oral health care in Canada. BMC Oral Health 2016; 16: 18.
18. Vilella KD, Assuncao LR, Junkes MC, Menezes JV, Fraiz FC, Ferreira FM. Training and calibration of interviewers for oral health literacy using the BREALD-30 in epidemiological studies. Braz Oral Res 2016; 30(1): e90.
19. Villanueva Vilchis MC, Wintergerst A, Borges Yanez SA. Toward a comprehensive instrument of oral health literacy in Spanish. J Health Commun 2015; 20(8): 930-7.
20. Atchison KA, Macek MD, Markovic D. The value of a combined word recognition and knowledge measure to understand characteristics of our patients' oral health literacy. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 2017; 45(4): 380-8.
21. Macek MD, Atchison KA, Chen H, Wells W, Haynes D, Parker RM, et al. Oral health conceptual knowledge and its relationships with oral health outcomes: Findings from a Multi-site Health Literacy Study. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 2017; 45(4): 323-9.
22. Macek MD, Atchison KA, Watson MR, Holtzman J, Wells W, Braun B, et al. Assessing health literacy and oral health: preliminary results of a multi-site investigation. J Public Health Dent 2016; 76(4): 303-13.
23. Haridas R, S S, Ajagannanavar SL, Tikare S, Maliyil MJ, Kalappa AA. Oral health literacy and oral health status among adults attending dental college hospital in India. J Int Oral Health 2014; 6(6): 61-6.
24. Hiu Fong LS, Kok Wun WM, Ming WH, Kar Yung YC. Parental oral health literacy of children with severe early childhood caries in Hong Kong. Eur J Paediatr Dent 2017; 18(4): 326-31.
25. Khodadadi E, Niknahad A, Sistani MM, Motallebnejad M. Parents' oral health literacy and its impact on their children's dental health status. Electron Physician 2016; 8(12): 3421-5.
26. Holtzman JS, Atchison KA, Macek MD, Markovic D. Oral health literacy and measures of periodontal disease. J Periodontol 2017; 88(1): 78-88.
27. Kanupuru KK, Fareed N, Sudhir KM. Relationship between oral health literacy and oral health status among college students. Oral Health Prev Dent 2015; 13(4): 323-30.
28. Bridges SM, Parthasarathy DS, Wong HM, Yiu CK, Au TK, McGrath CP. The relationship between caregiver functional oral health literacy and child oral health status. Patient Educ Couns 2014; 94(3): 411-6.
29. Wehmeyer MM, Corwin CL, Guthmiller JM, Lee JY. The impact of oral health literacy on periodontal health status. J Public Health Dent 2014; 74(1): 80-7.
30. Aldoory L, Macek MD, Atchison KA, Chen H. Comparing well-tested health literacy measures for oral health: A pilot assessment. J Health Commun 2016; 21(11): 1161-9.
31. Shin WK, Braun TM, Inglehart MR. Parents' dental anxiety and oral health literacy: Effects on parents' and children's oral health-related experiences. J Public Health Dent 2014; 74(3): 195-201.
32. Vilella KD, Alves SG, de Souza JF, Fraiz FC, Assuncao LR. The association of oral health literacy and oral health knowledge with social determinants in pregnant Brazilian women. J Community Health 2016; 41(5): 1027-32.
33. Burgette JM, Lee JY, Baker AD, Vann WF, Jr. Is dental utilization associated with oral health literacy? J Dent Res 2016; 95(2): 160-6.