Rivera C, Venegas B. Histological and molecular aspects of oral squamous cell carcinoma (Review). Oncol Lett 2014; 8(1): 7-11.
Guneri P, Gurhan C, Karaca B. The role of the human papilloma virus in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Ege Univ Dis Hekim Fak Derg 2018; 39(3), 123-4.
World Health Organization. Oral health: Action plan for promotion and integrated disease prevention (60th world health assembly resolution A16). Geneva, Switzerland: WHO; 2007.
Javed F, Warnakulasuriya S. Is there a relationship between periodontal disease and oral cancer? A systematic review of currently available evidence. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 2016; 97: 197-205.
Ye L, Jiang Y, Liu W, Tao H. Correlation between periodontal disease and oral cancer risk: A meta-analysis. J Cancer Res Ther 2016; 12(Supplement): C237-40.
Heikkila P, But A, Sorsa T, Haukka J. Periodontitis and cancer mortality: Register-based cohort study of 68,273 adults in 10-year follow-up. Int J Cancer 2018; 142(11): 2244-53.
Nazir MA. Prevalence of periodontal disease, its association with systemic diseases and prevention. Int J Health Sci (Qassim) 2017; 11(2): 72-80.
Guven DC, Dizdar O, Akman AC, Berker E, Yekeduz E, Ceylan F, et al. Evaluation of cancer risk in patients with periodontal diseases. Turk J Med Sci 2019; 49(3): 826-31.
Chung SD, Tsai MC, Huang CC, Kao LT, Chen CH. A population-based study on the associations between chronic periodontitis and the risk of cancer. Int J Clin Oncol 2016; 21(2): 219-23.
10. Michaud DS, Fu Z, Shi J, Chung M. Periodontal disease, tooth loss, and cancer risk. Epidemiol Rev 2017; 39(1): 49-58.
11. Nwizu NN, Marshall JR, Moysich K, Genco RJ, Hovey KM, Mai X, et al. Periodontal disease and incident cancer risk among postmenopausal women: Results from the Women's Health Initiative Observational Cohort. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2017; 26(8): 1255-65.
12. Dizdar O, Hayran M, Guven DC, Yilmaz TB, Taheri S, Akman AC, et al. Increased cancer risk in patients with periodontitis. Curr Med Res Opin 2017; 33(12): 2195-200.
13. Moraes RC, Dias FL, Figueredo CM, Fischer RG. Association between chronic periodontitis and oral/oropharyngeal cancer. Braz Dent J 2016; 27(3): 261-6.
14. Laprise C, Shahul HP, Madathil SA, Thekkepurakkal AS, Castonguay G, Varghese I, et al. Periodontal diseases and risk of oral cancer in Southern India: Results from the HeNCe Life study. Int J Cancer 2016; 139(7): 1512-9.
15. Tezal M, Sullivan MA, Reid ME, Marshall JR, Hyland A, Loree T, et al. Chronic periodontitis and the risk of tongue cancer. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2007; 133(5): 450-4.
16. Tezal M, Grossi SG, Genco RJ. Is periodontitis associated with oral neoplasms? J Periodontol 2005; 76(3): 406-10.
17. Guha N, Boffetta P, Wunsch FV, Eluf NJ, Shangina O, Zaridze D, et al. Oral health and risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck and esophagus: Results of two multicentric case-control studies. Am J Epidemiol 2007; 166(10): 1159-73.
18. Divaris K, Olshan AF, Smith J, Bell ME, Weissler MC, Funkhouser WK, et al. Oral health and risk for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: The Carolina Head and Neck Cancer Study. Cancer Causes Control 2010; 21(4): 567-75.
19. Talamini R, Vaccarella S, Barbone F, Tavani A, La Vecchia C, Herrero R, et al. Oral hygiene, dentition, sexual habits and risk of oral cancer. Br J Cancer 2000; 83(9): 1238-42.
20. Guneri P, Epstein JB, Ilhan B, Kaya A, Boyacioglu H. Clinical application of a digital method to improve the accuracy of color perception in toluidine blue stained oral mucosal lesions. Quintessence Int 2013; 44(8): 619-27.
21. Guneri P, Epstein JB, Kaya A, Veral A, Kazandi A, Boyacioglu H. The utility of toluidine blue staining and brush cytology as adjuncts in clinical examination of suspicious oral mucosal lesions. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2011; 40(2): 155-61.
22. Ribeiro AC, Silva AR, Simonato LE, Salzedas LM, Sundefeld ML, Soubhia AM. Clinical and histopathological analysis of oral squamous cell carcinoma in young people: A descriptive study in Brazilians. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2009; 47(2): 95-8.
23. Speight PM, Khurram SA, Kujan O. Oral potentially malignant disorders: risk of progression to malignancy. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 2018; 125(6): 612-27.
24. Allen K, Farah CS. Patient perspectives of diagnostic delay for suspicious oral mucosal lesions. Aust Dent J 2015; 60(3): 397-403.
25. Johnson N. Tobacco use and oral cancer: A global perspective. J Dent Educ 2001; 65(4): 328-39.
26. Winn DM. Tobacco use and oral disease. J Dent Educ 2001; 65(4): 306-12.