- Chaaya M, El-Roueiheb Z, Chemaitelly H, Azar G, Nasr J, Al-Sahab B. Argileh smoking among university students: A new tobacco epidemic. Nicotine Tob Res 2004; 6(3): 457-63.
- El-Roueiheb Z, Tamim H, Kanj M, Jabbour S, Alayan I, Musharrafieh U. Cigarette and waterpipe smoking among Lebanese adolescents, a cross-sectional study, 2003-2004. Nicotine Tob Res 2008; 10(2): 309-14.
- Salameh P, Salame J, Waked M, Barbour B, Zeidan N, Baldi I. Risk perception, motives and behaviours in university students. Int J Adolesc Youth 2014; 19(3): 279-92.
- Waked M, Salameh P, Aoun Z. Water-pipe (narguile) smokers in Lebanon: A pilot study. East Mediterr Health J 2009; 15(2): 432-42.
- Obeidat SR, Khabour OF, Alzoubi KH, Mahasneh AM, Bibars AR, Khader YS, et al. Prevalence, social acceptance, and awareness of waterpipe smoking among dental university students: A cross sectional survey conducted in Jordan. BMC Res Notes 2014; 7: 832.
- Azaripour Masooleh H. I.R.IRAN Global Youth Tobacco Survey (GYTS) Report 2007. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO; 2007.
- Momenan AA, Etemadi A, Ghanbarian A, Azizi F. The rising prevalence of waterpipe smoking among Iranian adolescents: Tehran Lipid and Glucose Study. Proceedings of the 13th World Congress on Tobacco OR Health (WCTOH); 2006 Jul 11-15; Washington, DC, USA.
- Ghafouri N, Hirsch JD, Heydari G, Morello CM, Kuo GM, Singh RF. Waterpipe smoking among health sciences university students in Iran: Perceptions, practices and patterns of use. BMC Res Notes 2011; 4: 496.
- Awan KH, Alrshedan A, Al KM, Patil S. Waterpipe smoking among health sciences university students: Knowledge, attitude and patterns of use. Saudi Dent J 2016; 28(4): 189-93.
10. Abbasi-Ghahramanloo A, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Zeraati H, Safiri S, Fotouhi A. Prevalence of hookah smoking and its related factors among students of Tehran University of Medical Sciences, 2012-2013. Iran J Psychiatry Behav Sci 2016; 10(2): e4551.
11. Martinasek MP, McDermott RJ, Martini L. Waterpipe (hookah) tobacco smoking among youth. Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care 2011; 41(2): 34-57.
12. RezaKhani Mogaddam H, Shojaezadah D, Sadeghi R, Pahlevanzadah B, Shakouri Moghaddam R. Survey of prevalence and causes of the trend of hookah smoking in Tehran University Students of Medical Sciences 2010-2011. Toloo e Behdasht 2013; 11(4): 103-13. [In Persian].
13. Minaker LM, Shuh A, Burkhalter RJ, Manske SR. Hookah use prevalence, predictors, and perceptions among Canadian youth: findings from the 2012/2013 Youth Smoking Survey. Cancer Causes Control 2015; 26(6): 831-8.
14. El-Zaatari ZM, Chami HA, Zaatari GS. Health effects associated with waterpipe smoking. Tob Control 2015; 24(Suppl 1): i31-i43.
15. Schubert J, Hahn J, Dettbarn G, Seidel A, Luch A, Schulz TG. Mainstream smoke of the waterpipe: does this environmental matrix reveal as significant source of toxic compounds? Toxicol Lett 2011; 205(3): 279-84.
16. Cakmak V, Cinar N. Turkish Adolescent perceptions about the effects of water pipe smoking on their health. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2015; 16(18): 8645-52.
17. Dar-Odeh NS, Bakri FG, Al-Omiri MK, Al-Mashni HM, Eimar HA, Khraisat AS, et al. Narghile (water pipe) smoking among university students in Jordan: Prevalence, pattern and beliefs. Harm Reduct J 2010; 7: 10.
18. Dar-Odeh NS, Abu-Hammad OA. Narghile smoking and its adverse health consequences: A literature review. Br Dent J 2009; 206(11): 571-3.
19. Al-Belasy FA. The relationship of "shisha" (water pipe) smoking to postextraction dry socket. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2004; 62(1): 10-4.
20. El-Hakim IE, Uthman MA. Squamous cell carcinoma and keratoacanthoma of the lower lip associated with "Goza" and "Shisha" smoking. Int J Dermatol 1999; 38(2): 108-10.
21. Hassoy H, Ergin I+, Davas A, Durusoy R, Karababa A. Determining the factors effecting the cigarette, narghile and hand-rolled tobacco smoking among medical technology vocational training school students and evaluation of their opinions about starting and continuing with their habits of smoking. Eurasian Journal of Pulmonology 2011; 13(2): 91-9.
22. Momenabadi V, Hossein K, Hashemi SY, Borhaninejad VR. Factors affecting hookah smoking trend in the society: A review article. Addict Health 2016; 8(2): 123-35.
23. Roohafza H, Sadeghi M, Shahnam M, Bahonar A, Sarafzadegan N. Perceived factors related to cigarette and waterpipe (ghelyan) initiation and maintenance in university students of Iran. Int J Public Health 2011; 56(2): 175-80.
24. Sabahy AR, Divsalar K, Bahreinifar S, Marzban M, Nakhaee N. Waterpipe tobacco use among Iranian university students: Correlates and perceived reasons for use. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2011; 15(6): 844-7.
25. Jradi H, Wewers ME, Pirie PR, Binkley PF, Ferketich K. Cigarette and waterpipe smoking associated knowledge and behaviour among medical students in Lebanon. East Mediterr Health J 2013; 19(10): 861-8.
26. Azab M, Khabour OF, Alkaraki AK, Eissenberg T, Alzoubi KH, Primack BA. Water pipe tobacco smoking among university students in Jordan. Nicotine Tob Res 2010; 12(6): 606-12.
27. Maziak W. The waterpipe: A new way of hooking youth on tobacco. Am J Addict 2014; 23(2): 103-7.
28. Haddad L, Kelly DL, Weglicki LS, Barnett TE, Ferrell AV, Ghadban R. A systematic review of effects of waterpipe smoking on cardiovascular and respiratory health outcomes. Tob Use Insights 2016; 9: 13-28.
29. Aslam HM, Saleem S, German S, Qureshi WA. Harmful effects of shisha: Literature review. Int Arch Med 2014; 7: 16.
30. Sahin S, Cinar N. Perceptions of Turkish university students about the effects of water pipe smoking on health. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2015; 16(11): 4615-21.
31. Bird Y, May J, Nwankwo C, Mahmood R, Moraros J. Prevalence and characteristics of flavoured tobacco use among students in grades 10 through 12: A national cross-sectional study in Canada, 2012-2013. Tob Induc Dis 2017; 15: 20.
32. Cobb C, Ward KD, Maziak W, Shihadeh AL, Eissenberg T. Waterpipe tobacco smoking: an emerging health crisis in the United States. Am J Health Behav 2010; 34(3): 275-85.
33. Roskin J, Aveyard P. Canadian and English students' beliefs about waterpipe smoking: A qualitative study. BMC Public Health 2009; 9: 10.
34. Ehizele AO, Azodo CC, Ojehanon PI, Akhionbare O, Umoh AO, Adeghe HA. Prevalence of tobacco use among dental patients and their knowledge of its health effects. Niger J Clin Pract 2012; 15(3): 270-5.
35. Maziak W, Eissenberg T, Ward KD. Patterns of waterpipe use and dependence: implications for intervention development. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 2005; 80(1): 173-9.
36. Jamil H, Janisse J, Elsouhag D, Fakhouri M, Arnetz JE, Arnetz BB. Do household smoking behaviors constitute a risk factor for hookah use? Nicotine Tob Res 2011; 13(5): 384-8.